Here are some important facts.
1) Macaulay Culkin is in a band.
2) It’s a Velvet Underground tribute band.
3) It’s pizza-themed.
4) I saw them with Har Mar Superstar on Saturday.
5) The crowd reaction was mixed, but I had the weirdest, most fun time.
6) Har Mar brought Macaulay back during his set. They covered a song by the Association. They slow danced. Har Mar lifted up Macaulay and spun him around, “Dirty Dancing” style. And they frenched.
7) The crowd reaction to that was NOT mixed.
This being said, I did NOT download any Pizza Underground. I don’t think I want to listen to them unless they’re standing right in front of me.
Is the fact that I’m on a Leonard Cohen kick anticlimactic now? Blame The Holy and the Broken for that.